Complete Marvel Reading Order

It is currently January 22nd, 2018, 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Iron Fist on Netflix
PostPosted: August 25th, 2017, 7:19 pm 
Avenger

Has liked: 2277 times
Been liked: 677 times
GroovyGolem wrote:
The hardest thing for me to get through with Iron Fist was David Wenham as Harold Meachum. I thought that was some downright terrible acting.

Actually I didn't mind him. Both of his children were terrible though.

PostPosted: August 25th, 2017, 7:21 pm 
Avenger

Has liked: 2277 times
Been liked: 677 times
Only the hard and strong may call themselves Meachums. Only the hard, only the strong. :lol:

PostPosted: August 31st, 2017, 7:29 pm 
Sidekick

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 60 times
The first half of the season was brutal. Acting was horrible and the story jnust went nowhere fast. The second half of the season was much better. I still can't stand Finn Jones. His emotion are simply not believable. Jessica Chenwick as Coleen Wing though...yes please!

PostPosted: August 31st, 2017, 8:27 pm 
Celestial

Has liked: 2526 times
Been liked: 1280 times
jemsmck wrote:
The first half of the season was brutal. Acting was horrible and the story jnust went nowhere fast. The second half of the season was much better. I still can't stand Finn Jones. His emotion are simply not believable. Jessica Chenwick as Coleen Wing though...yes please!

I felt the choreography of the fighting was not very good either... there were times when their punches didn't even look like there was any strength or power behind them, and then some one would get knocked down and spit up blood... made it very unbelievable....

and the pacing throughout the whole season was like molasses..... every time the plot got more complicated, I thought "ok, this should start picking up now" but instead it just seemed to get slower....

kinda ironic that of all the shows feeding into Defenders, this and the second half of DD season 2 are the most important to the story....

PostPosted: August 31st, 2017, 8:31 pm 
Sidekick

raistlin903 wrote:
jemsmck wrote:

I felt the choreography of the fighting was not very good either... there were times when their punches didn't even look like there was any strength or power behind them, and then some one would get knocked down and spit up blood... made it very unbelievable....

and the pacing throughout the whole season was like molasses..... every time the plot got more complicated, I thought "ok, this should start picking up now" but instead it just seemed to get slower....

kinda ironic that of all the shows feeding into Defenders, this and the second half of DD season 2 are the most important to the story....

I hear you. Daredevil has been the best so far in my opinion. I really liked Luke Cage too, but I feel like they just gave him a season to establish his character, not for any important story elements. Same with Jessica Jones, although I was done with her by the end of the season; like we get it, you're edgy and pissed off. Killgrave was amazing though.

Defenders is next on my watch list. I think it's probably the only reason I made it through Iron Fist as quickly as I did.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2017, 8:38 pm 
Celestial

Has liked: 2526 times
Been liked: 1280 times
jemsmck wrote:
Defenders is next on my watch list. I think it's probably the only reason I made it through Iron Fist as quickly as I did.

well, it pays off that you did watch it, cause otherwise you'd be pretty lost watching Defenders....

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2017, 12:30 am 
Minion

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
I've watched a few episodes but gave up because it's so boring

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2017, 9:55 am 
Sidekick

blazortaks wrote:
I've watched a few episodes but gave up because it's so boring

Iron Fist? Yeah. It really doesn't pick up at all until the end of the season. Even then, I wasn't overly impressed.

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2017, 1:59 pm 
Beyonder

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 3337 times
I'm 3 episodes in, finally catching up to this show and ... I don't see what the complaints are yet. It's not the best show, but it's not that bad. I don't have a problem with Rand or the Mechums. The acting isn't any worse than most of AoS and better than Arrow, by comparison.

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2017, 2:28 pm 
Caped Crusader

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 191 times
My biggest problem was it was nothing in comparison to Daredevil. I expected something of similar quality. The fight scenes weren't very good. Colleen is amazing, though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next