Complete Marvel Reading Order

It is currently November 21st, 2017, 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Watching all of Marvel TV/Movies
PostPosted: July 8th, 2017, 11:14 am 
Minion

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 51 times
vanhornluke wrote:
There was a Hardcase movie? Details!

It's a short film, 6 minutes in fact. From Wikipedia: "Malibu Films, in association with Wizard, released a 6-minute music video style short film, starring British kickboxer Gary Daniels as Hardcase, directed by Darren Doane."

PostPosted: July 8th, 2017, 12:21 pm 
Avenger

Has liked: 994 times
Been liked: 492 times
Thanks. Just watched it online, and it's just as terrible as (maybe more so than) the Firearm film. :lol:

PostPosted: July 8th, 2017, 12:32 pm 
Minion

Just learned right now that the 1989 Punisher movie has a unrated version plus a workprint cut (included on the Australian Blu-Ray). This workprint adds quite a bit into the film but it is cropped to a 4:3 aspect ratio and the video is from a Betamax tape (owned by the director) so video quality isn't good. I usually suck it up on video quality and will go for more content but I consider aspect ratio as part of the content so I guess I'll be watching the movie twice. The unrated cut once to get it in the right aspect ratio and then the workprint version to see the extra scenes. Too bad there isn't a copy of the workprint version in the OAR.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2017, 12:08 pm 
Minion

It's a little more difficult to find time to watch Marvel now that I'm working. Regardless, I ordered the Australian Blu-Ray for the 1989 Punisher movie last week and watched both the uncut and workprint cuts. The uncut version is the same as the theatrical version but with extra scenes of violence (of lower video quality) spliced in. I really liked the movie but it felt a lot like a standard 80's action movie without too much depth. The workprint cut was actually in proper widescreen (so I was wrong about that) but the video quality was pretty bad. Anyway, for the most part the movie seemed the same. The big difference was an extra 15-20 minutes at the start showing his origin and time as a cop. This extra material adds a lot of the depth I was missing and makes the movie much better. Other than that the narration by the Punisher is taken out (although the scenes are still shown) and I noticed there are now no longer flashbacks to his past (probably because we see the actual scenes in this version). Also, the ending had an alternate take which makes a particular character (not the Punisher) seem more ruthless and less sympathetic. I like the the theatrical/uncut version more for this scene. Overall I prefer the workprint cut more as an actual movie but it is hard to recommend due to the low video quality and lack of availability. Keep in mind this is the 97 minute workprint I'm talking about. There is also a 93 minute workprint of even lower quality that is floating around on a few DVD's (which I see no reason to watch as there is nothing exclusive in it).

Anyway, next I watched the 1990 Captain America movie on Blu-Ray. It is a lot better than I remember (I last watched it on VHS in 2011). Still not a very good movie but not too bad. It seemed pretty campy and I got a kind of incesty vibe since
Captain America is dating a woman named Bernie in the 40's and then later her daughter in the 90's
. Red Skull himself wasn't too bad (other than not looking like Red Skull later in the movie). Overall, a decent movie in the first 30 minutes or so but pretty average after that.

Next I'm watching the Power Pack pilot which is actually live action, not animated.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2017, 12:44 pm 
Minion

Just watched the 1991 Power Pack pilot. It's actually pretty decent. I've never actually read an issue of the comics but it is basically four kids with superpowers. The special effects and writing isn't too bad. You just have to be able to get past the TV child acting. Kind of reminds me of watching that Goosebumps TV show from the 90's.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2017, 10:25 pm 
Caped Crusader

Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 187 times
I love the 89 Punisher. One of my favorite 80s action movies.

PostPosted: July 21st, 2017, 2:16 am 
Caped Crusader

I don't get it.

PostPosted: July 31st, 2017, 9:34 pm 
Minion

TheHeraldOrdeal wrote:
I don't get it.

What don't you get?

PostPosted: July 31st, 2017, 9:53 pm 
Caped Crusader

I... don't know what I meant by that. Maybe I don't get why people hate the 89 Punisher so much. I don't remember.

PostPosted: July 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm 
Minion

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 89 times
TheHeraldOrdeal wrote:
I... don't know what I meant by that. Maybe I don't get why people hate the 89 Punisher so much. I don't remember.
You were responding to a strange post that has since been deleted. I can't remember who posted it or its contents, but I remember thinking the same thing!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next