Complete Marvel Reading Order

It is currently September 21st, 2017, 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alien Vs Predator - Deadliest of the Species
PostPosted: September 11th, 2017, 8:02 pm 
Minion

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times
Recently I started to dust off this old gem and read it again. Written by Chris Claremont of X-Men fame, it really takes a great twist on the Alien Vs. Predator mythology. When the AVP films were made I had high hopes that they might use the storyline in some way, and I still think it would make for a great movie.

The only thing is, it's so mind-bending. I have read it a good 5 or 6 times in my life and I still have no idea what's going on. I hope with some age I will find some understanding this time around, but I'm 2 issues in (out of 12) and like with The Big Sleep, I keep getting lost in the story. Which is okay, that's what the writer (of both pieces) wants, I'm sure - for you to get caught up in the moment and not worry about the overall particulars. However, this is one story in all my years of reading and movie/TV viewing I have not been able to unravel. Any thoughts on this opus?

Post subject: Re: Alien Vs Predator - Deadliest of the Species
PostPosted: September 11th, 2017, 10:00 pm 
Hero for Hire

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 176 times
I found it to be ok, certainly better than most of the darkhorse alines/predator line, but drags quite a bit over 12 issues and can get a bit confusing due to the main character's amnesia. There was a prequel comic that is relatively unknown due to it's lack of aliens & predators and that it's rights are still owned by Chris Claremont and Vincent Giarrano called Aliens: Renegade which has never been reprinted and clears up a little bit about the character's past and who she is but not a ton regarding her relationship with others.

Personally my favorite run is the first AvP comic that does everything I want with the meeting of the mythos and laid the groundwork for all the future AvP content, not just comics but the movies, games, and books as well.

If your interested in more darkhorse aliens &/or predator books I have a reading order which covers 98% of the pre 2000's comics which I update like once every year......