Complete Marvel Reading Order

It is currently December 11th, 2017, 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: Future Orders
PostPosted: March 17th, 2017, 10:35 pm 
Celestial

Has liked: 2485 times
Been liked: 1256 times
I got a contender... I know sitcom universe is a hard sell, but The Cheers Universe.... you have Cheers, Wings, Fraiser, and The Tortellies..... it totals over 700 episodes... these shows have a much stronger connection then the Friends universe... :P

PostPosted: March 17th, 2017, 10:44 pm 
Beyonder

Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 3242 times
Generally just watch them sequentially. There isn't much in the way of mixing & matching. Same reason I didn't add the friends universe either.

PostPosted: March 18th, 2017, 3:20 am 
Avenger

Has liked: 589 times
Been liked: 1366 times
tstarnes wrote:
I am working on putting the rest of the features on Star Wars, Star Trek and MCU (badges, the sig thing, a couple of things on the stats page) first. That will take a week or two, then yep, Dr. who is next up (still putting together my working order on that. Right now it only goes to the 3rd doctor...and alex is gonna be grumpy, cause I do not have unearthly child as the very first one)

I thiiiiink I've got solid arguments against all of them, even if you disagree.

PostPosted: March 20th, 2017, 1:03 pm 
Hero for Hire

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 97 times
Would it be an idea, and is it even possible, to maybe make an overall Dungeons & Dragons order, which would include separate orders for Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms but probably also a lot of other worlds like Eberron, Ravenloft and Greyhawk?

It might be more accurate to make it a Wizards of the Coast order, which then also opens the door up for Magic: The Gathering - novelizations.

Also would the Marvel stuff-which-don't-fit-into-the-other-two-orders-order be like a Marvel-multimedia order including computer games? Plus would it also not make sense to have one for DC?

PostPosted: March 20th, 2017, 2:35 pm 
Beyonder

D&d is already on the list, sort of. Forgotten realms us there, dragon Lance is there. But they ate each going to be separate sites. Doing sites by publisher isn't really helpful, since the various groups aren't narrativly connected (outside of a few cross title rpgs). Although there is a Mar el and DC order, if you look at them the are narrativly connected world's, not everything that publisher put out.

So, yes to some d&d stuff, but not as one thing.

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 4:00 pm 
Minion

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 11 times
I have a few ideas. I am looking for crossovers that happen in future orders.

Super Sentai / Power Rangers - You could have the 2 orders on the same site like the Star Wars order. With the new Power Rangers movie coming out, im sure there would be some intrest. You also have the Spider-Man Sentai show and the Justice League/ Power Ranger Crossover.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Although being a lot of different timelines, they do all meet in the animated movie "Turtles Forever" and confirms there is a TMNT multiverse. They also meet Batman and the Power Rangers.

Ghostbusters - You have over 500 Stories from just the Marvel UK Comics alone (193 issues each with 3 to 4 stories and a prose story)

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 5:38 pm 
Beyonder

Maybe on the power ranged. It is hurt by the fact that I care none at all about it, and actually kinda hate it. But maybe.

TMNT - I've looked at it. it's tought to make it in a continual narrative like other orders.

Ghostbusters - Is the cartoon in the same universe?

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 6:40 pm 
Avenger

Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 496 times
It's my understanding that there is no unified Ghostbusters continuity. The movies are in-universe fictions for the cartoon, and so they're different continuities. I don't know about the comics, but there are some games and a novel that ignore the cartoon (probably the comics, too). And, of course, the most recent film is in a continuity of its own, too.

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 8:05 pm 
Beyonder

I also just read a thing (well, listed to, a podcast called Thirty-Twenty-Ten) that talked about how all the turtles products (movies, various cartoons) are in separate universes, although there is 1 episode that crosses over. However I'm not sure about making an order where everything is separate and 1 point of connection.

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 10:08 pm 
Sidekick

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 38 times
I was actually just thinking about TMNT as well, and I don't know much about if any of them have expanded comic universes or not; but still, CMRO-style sites are great just for being a character database and a tool for rating stories and following your progress through watching things. So, shrug!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 40  Next