Just finished #500! (Strangely enough it says I've rated 501 issues, and I'm pretty sure that is not true, and should be 500 as well.)
I can count that as a milestone!
If you haven't reached this far, you might want to turn away, I'm bound to put some spoilers down now.
So, there's definitely a big change from these issues in 1967 compared to the ones in the start. There's real character development now, and some really good stories. It's not all good yet though...The Good
* Spider-Man is the best comic so far. While the issues aren't always excellent, I personally have not seen a truly mediocre one yet. There has been character development right from the start, some of the best villains and mysteries appear here, and the action's great.
* Fantastic Four has had some true lows, especially in the beginning (I mean, I started to genuinely hate the Torch now and then, and would have rooted for the villains... If they were any interesting), but they have reached a point were they are damned good as well, especially since the introduction of Galactus and the Silver Surfer, the Black Panther, and the Inhumans.
* I really like the art in the Dr. Strange stories. The plot and writing isn't always good, but the psychedelic art is always doing it for me.
* Daredevil is awful. It's a shame, as the title has a lot of potential in my opinion, in the tension between lawyer and vigilante mostly, but with the most horrid of villains (Stilt-Man, I'm looking at you especially) and worst of all, 'Mike' as Matt's fake twin... Yikes.
* Thor seems so overpowered, or his enemies so underpowered, that there's hardly any suspense sometimes. Makes for dull reading. I'm glad he no longer travels in time by swinging his hammer (Gah!), but he's still far from good. There are some nice moments, and I do believe I will eventually like it as it will be in the future, but as it is, nah.
* The Hulk just smashes, and usually there is something silly and/or underpowered at the other end, which happens to be coincidentally evil (or the army). Yawn. The Future
The rest is somewhere in the middle. I've seen some really good stuff, and some really bad, but overall, it is slowly getting better! I just wish they would stay clear of the endless ugly mindless invincible robots, the silly type of invading aliens, and they would introduce more 'failure', where the superhero does not always achieve a flawless success, but rather a standstill or a form of survival+defeat now and then. I'm thinking of the Hulk, Captain America and Thor mostly here.
Anyway, for the next 250 issues there's a lot to look forward to. Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man and such are all on the verge of getting their own titles which ought to improve their story lines, Sue is pregnant and the Inhumans have always been good. Spider-Man won't disappoint me, and I have a hunch the 'cosmic cube' will pop up again soon enough too (it is somewhere down below the Earth's crust, after Mole Man decided he wasn't interested in it). I look forward to the developments!