Complete Marvel Reading Order

It is currently June 27th, 2017, 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2736 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259 ... 274  Next
 Post subject: Re: Missed Books
PostPosted: June 19th, 2017, 2:48 pm 
Beyonder

Has liked: 431 times
Been liked: 2846 times
Yes. The system as built has no idea who the publisher of a book is.

PostPosted: June 19th, 2017, 2:51 pm 
Vigilante

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 113 times
tstarnes wrote:
Yes. The system as built has no idea who the publisher of a book is.

Thank you.

I'll leave them in and continue on as normal then :)

PostPosted: June 20th, 2017, 9:52 am 
Sidekick

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 72 times
I saw those Heathcliff covers show up this morning and I was like "the hell?!" After reading here, I see why they are included, I guess. But count me as an average reader going "wtf?" as Todd mentions above.

If the criteria being used is including Top Dog stories from Heathcliff magazine there are two potential options...

1) include the stories
2) revisit the criteria

and I know which option I would pick. But I'm not doing any of the work of constructing the Order (other than the reading) and don't pay any of the costs (other than the pain of the reading OR the pain of knowing I haven't obsessively completed the Order), so that is all I will say on the matter. Otherwise I will just soldier on, because I'm 9000+ comics into this thing. As I mentioned in a comment on Wally The Wizard, I've got the Sunk Cost Fallacy hanging around my neck like an albatross.

EDIT: I made it through those godawful Howard the Duck stories from Crazy Magazine, I suppose I can make it through these. Also, I think I saw the numbers (over 40) on the Heathcliff issues and thought "good grief, are there over 40 of these bloody things!?" but now that I look at it, it seems there might be only three of them. Whew.

PostPosted: June 20th, 2017, 10:10 am 
Herald of Galactus

Has liked: 1436 times
Been liked: 1330 times
I don't uderstand why should we not included Top Dog stories from Heathcliff magazine?

First two of Them are direct continuation of Top Dog #14...

And don't want to be the onewho brings the bad newsbut there will be more top dog stories from heathcliff maghazine.
Travis didn't have the opportunity to add them yet...

Not 40, but more than 10...

PostPosted: June 20th, 2017, 10:13 am 
Herald of Galactus

wait, wait... Now I see he already add those...

Here we go... I move first Top Dog story into the right place...

PostPosted: June 20th, 2017, 10:15 am 
Beyonder

Has liked: 431 times
Been liked: 2846 times
I'm going to hold here. I'll do the last 15 missing that aren't in yet tomorrow.

PostPosted: June 20th, 2017, 11:15 am 
Avenger

Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 322 times
I'm going to make my pitch again.

I compiled a list of the Star comics from one of the expanded order topics and I got to 114 entries. Now, that includes a couple part a's and b's, but it doesn't include the 21 Heathcliff issues that Travis just put in the order (because I didn't see those). So, that list with 114 entries is incomplete.

It's also incomplete because I need to go through and read Alf and Heathcliff to see if they belong in the order as well. The Alf annual is in the order, so there might be some crossover that puts those characters in the expanded order. (This is one of my may goals over the summer to do.)

I think there's potential for a separate, Star Comics order. It seems like most people don't want these in the order, but they have to be included somewhere because they do come up again in the Marvel universe. I think there's enough entries and enough reason to make it a separate order.

PostPosted: June 20th, 2017, 11:35 am 
Sidekick

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 72 times
fragsel wrote:
I don't uderstand why should we not included Top Dog stories from Heathcliff magazine?

First two of Them are direct continuation of Top Dog #14...

And don't want to be the onewho brings the bad newsbut there will be more top dog stories from heathcliff maghazine.
Travis didn't have the opportunity to add them yet...

Not 40, but more than 10...
Fragsel, I'm not saying those specific stories in Heathcliff magazine shouldn't be included. I don't think there is any difference between the Top Dog stories in Heathcliff, and stand alone stories.

What I am saying is that I feel that the inclusion of these Star Comics titles (tearsofrage suggests there are over 114 total stories) strongly suggests to me that the current criteria is overly broad. I can't point to the bit of the criteria and tell you that is the problem. I can only point to the results of the criteria and the "wth?" reaction these titles generate in me (and others in this thread) as evidence. I don't know what the criteria "should" be. Its all about what the definition of "Complete" is. Personally, my definition of Complete doesn't have to include these comics.

I am saying I personally like tearsofrage idea of separate order, but I don't have to pay the costs of creating it, I would only reap the benefits. So I'm not providing any specific solution.

I am saying I would be fine with some kind of "escape clause" in the criteria that allows for a committee or "sense of the Order readership" or or just Mr. Starnes to by fiat exclude specific titles that might technically meet the criteria but are in "wth?" territory so deeply that including them seems absurd.

But mostly what I am saying is I'll read the darn things, because Sunk Cost Fallacy, but there I'm going to complain about it. :-)

PostPosted: June 20th, 2017, 11:51 am 
Avenger

Has liked: 441 times
Been liked: 879 times
The problem with what tear is suggestion is that apart from the imprint, there's absolutely nothing connecting those titles. They do not cross over with each other or even reference each other. Their inclusion based on their future appearance in a definitely 616 title is no different than a lot of unconnected titles like Fight Man. These titles are 616 because Marvel said so. There's even a Spider -Man appearance somewhere in there.

PostPosted: June 20th, 2017, 12:10 pm 
Herald of Galactus

I think all of this is a problem because You all have to read it all in one batch

People comming after us will have two issues here, 5 issues there...

I agree with Drax that being part of an imprint is not connection enough to make it part of one order

It's not like New Universe, 2099 or WWII (which have crossovers all the time)

And there is that Spider-Man appearance...

Now that we are sure it's 616 Spider-man Idon't like the idea of 616 Spider-man not listed in Main order...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2736 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259 ... 274  Next