Complete Marvel Reading Order

It is currently July 23rd, 2018, 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6908 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 673, 674, 675, 676, 677, 678, 679 ... 691  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Order Corrections
PostPosted: March 10th, 2018, 2:10 am 
Herald of Galactus

Has liked: 2037 times
Been liked: 2009 times
Another case:

Marvel Collector's Edition 001c {Wolverine story} clearly takes place prior to Wolverine 050 (due to costume change)

Since I like to read whole issues in one go {as I know many of You like that too} I found a spot I think all 4 stories fit. It's hundred issues earlier than it is now, but as far as I remember that issue was placed where it is now randomly, during one of "Missed Books" updates, so no harm done there, I think...

My placement:

Punisher War Journal 036 (no move)
Marvel Collector's Edition 001a-001d

PostPosted: March 13th, 2018, 2:30 pm 
Minion

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Why is Rune/Silver Surfer #1 not part of the order? Just because it was co-published by Malibu? It takes place in 616 Earth, it continues from Warlock and the Infinity Watch #42 and it explains the disappearance of the Infinity Gems. Pretty important, if you ask me.

PostPosted: March 13th, 2018, 3:41 pm 
Avenger

Has liked: 1166 times
Been liked: 602 times
Because it will be part of the Ultraverse sub-order. It continues a storyline from the Godwheel miniseries and leads into the Curse of Rune miniseries (as well as a few other stories in the Ultraverse).

PostPosted: March 17th, 2018, 12:35 am 
Herald of Galactus

LOng, long time ago Zid wrote this:
Zid wrote:
I just read the Howard the Duck Marvel Treasury Edition #12 story where Howard & the Defenders team up. In it, Nighthawk mentions bozos, baby deer and the Headmen from Gerber's run on Defenders. Given where the Treasury issue is listed in the order, those things haven't happened yet.

So, my suggestion is to put this Howard the Duck block:

Howard the Duck #6-7 (Nov 76-Dec 76)
Marvel Treasury Edition #12

at some point after the Defenders/Omega block that was just discussed.

I asked Zid to keep on reading and help me find placement and check for possible problems
Since I have trouble contacting Zid recently I gathered what he was able to send, and tried to fix it myself

I hope I am not breaking anything here.
Here's what I will do (hopefully If I break anything readers will let us know):

Daredevil 140 (no move)
Howard The Duck 6-7
Marvel Treasury Edition 12

Marvel SPotlight 31
Howard the Duck 8-10

{yes, I know howard 8 starts shortly after MTE 12, but seriously, I cannot be the person who force anyone to read 6 Howard The duck stories in a row If I don't have to}

PostPosted: March 17th, 2018, 1:39 pm 
Avenger

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 1055 times
Morbius: The Living Vampire v2 #1 should be moved to just before #2 as listed in raistlinn's ordering of Marvel NOW!

PostPosted: March 19th, 2018, 7:45 pm 
Avenger

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 1055 times
Anyone knows if those Harley Davidson promotional comics were referenced as 616 or in other titles?

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2018, 10:13 am 
Beyonder

Has liked: 503 times
Been liked: 3706 times
Submitted Suggestion

Daredevil (v1) #3
It is very likely that the judge appearing on page 6 with Murdock is Judge Lewis who is listed in issue 20-22. According to issue 20, Lewis sentenced the Owl to prison after getting caught at the end of issue 3. Since there was already a judge on the Owl's case in issue 3, we can only assume it is the same person even if he is not named here and seen only from the back in one panel. Furthermore, Murdock confirms that he recognizes his voice, meaning that they have met. I think it is safe to add him in the supporting characters as a cameo appearance.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2018, 12:08 pm 
Herald of Galactus

tstarnes wrote:
Submitted Suggestion

Daredevil (v1) #3
It is very likely that the judge appearing on page 6 with Murdock is Judge Lewis who is listed in issue 20-22. According to issue 20, Lewis sentenced the Owl to prison after getting caught at the end of issue 3. Since there was already a judge on the Owl's case in issue 3, we can only assume it is the same person even if he is not named here and seen only from the back in one panel. Furthermore, Murdock confirms that he recognizes his voice, meaning that they have met. I think it is safe to add him in the supporting characters as a cameo appearance.

As the person sending this suggestion said "we can only assume"
Marvel and people writing Indexes or Handbooks can make such connections, but it is my strong believe we should not.

PostPosted: March 24th, 2018, 4:40 pm 
Herald of Galactus

Last Year few Spider-Man promotional comics were added to the main Order because They were proven to be 616
5 of those, from 1993, were placed by me randomely based on publication dates

Now that I read those I can tell that They dont fit by publication date.
To tell the truth They fit (surprise, surprize) absolutely nowherein the continuity, mostly because at the time Harry Osborn made big change in his life (not to spoil it to anybody)

So... Amazing Spider-Man: Dead Ball #5 says it takes place before Spectacular Spider-Man 200
But to tell the truth it has to take place much eralier, prior to Spectacular 187 (cause between that and 200 Harry could not visit Montreal)

That makes no sense story wise (which would be understandable if it was retconned to be 616 much later, but editors note make it obvious it was supposed to be 616 from day one) cause Spec 189 is clearly Peter & Harry first meeting after Child WIthin, but still that placement makes the least bad of all the possible placements in my opinion

Since the story in issues 1-5 takes place ove a month where Peter never left Canada I don't think They should be read together (especially since certin kid named Phil had his arm broken in issue 3 and was riding abike in issue 4) here's my placement suggestions:

Sensational She-Hulk 039 (no move)
Amazing Spider-Man #1-#3 (happening over one weekend)

Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme 040 (no move)
Amazing Spider-Man: Chaos in Calgary #4

Punisher War Journal 40 (no move)
Amazing Spider-Man: Dead Ball #5

Last edited by fragsel on March 24th, 2018, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: March 25th, 2018, 5:10 pm 
Beyonder

Has liked: 503 times
Been liked: 3706 times
I remember you saying you didn't read issue notes, so just an FYI Fragsel, Hawkeye (v4) in 2014 is listed as #16 coming before #15, because it was published out of order that way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6908 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 673, 674, 675, 676, 677, 678, 679 ... 691  Next