Complete Marvel Reading Order

It is currently September 26th, 2017, 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 931, 932, 933, 934, 935, 936, 937 ... 953  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who is actually reading 'the order' and how far have you
PostPosted: July 14th, 2017, 12:29 pm 
Avenger

Has liked: 1820 times
Been liked: 1291 times
AwesomeSauce wrote:
Oman19 wrote:
Just started getting a few issues labled 1970! Still have some of 1969 to go but it feels like I reached a milestone.

It might just be my imagination but there does seem to be a big jump in quality, So far I have read some Namor, Xmen p, and Hulk and all seemed to have a jump in quality.

I'm in that boat with the 80's. It's taken a long time to get this far and it's really pretty awesome. Every issue of Avengers is like eating a bowl of ice cream. Spectacular Spider-Man came out of nowhere and became a worthwhile book with the Carrion issues, and I hope that it keeps up. Marv Wolfman is getting the hang of Amazing Spider-Man maybe, sorta, I hope. Frank Miller on Daredevil is just so good. No more Kirby issues!!! It feels like they're maybe trying to do something with the Hulk. Captain America has actually had some decent writing. Nova picks up at the end. Ms. Marvel is pretty great. The FF have their groove back finally. And, of course, I probably don't even need to mention them, but... the X-Men. I just can't say enough about Chris Claremont, and I haven't even gotten to the really good stuff (Dark Phoenix is coming up and I am PSYCHED).

It's not all sunshine and daisies though. Iron Man still stinks (hoping Rhodey and Devil in a Bottle arc can improve things). Thor is good, but man I'm really waiting for them to try something new and break out of the Odin fixes everything cycle. Power Man and Iron Fist is blah (I'm just not seeing the chemistry).

My biggest complaint is honestly just that there are so many places where Marvel Unlimited is lacking coverage at this point. Defenders, Ghost Rider, Spider-Woman, Dr. Strange, Man-Thing, All of the UK comics, Master of Kung Fu (I know, not their fault), Micronauts, ROM, Spectacular Spider-Man, She-Hulk :(

Micronauts and Rom are also unfortunately not their fault.

PostPosted: July 14th, 2017, 4:11 pm 
Minion

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 39 times
Yeah I know. That's why I went to my LCS and totally got ripped off on 70 issues of ROM.

PostPosted: July 16th, 2017, 11:21 pm 
Beyonder

Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 2970 times
I noticed today someone rated Amazing Spider-Man #122 (The current highest rated comic on the site) a 2 star. What is the world coming to.

Edit: and someone else rated it a 1-star. seriously people. ASM #122 a 1 star...just boggles the mind.

PostPosted: July 17th, 2017, 12:44 am 
Avenger

Has liked: 2133 times
Been liked: 634 times
tstarnes wrote:
I noticed today someone rated Amazing Spider-Man #122 (The current highest rated comic on the site) a 2 star. What is the world coming to.

Edit: and someone else rated it a 1-star. seriously people. ASM #122 a 1 star...just boggles the mind.

Probably just a couple of those contrarian people that have to rate it down just because it has a good rating.

PostPosted: July 17th, 2017, 2:23 am 
Caped Crusader

Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 356 times
Spider-Borg wrote:
tstarnes wrote:

Probably just a couple of those contrarian people that have to rate it down just because it has a good rating.

Maybe we'll see a couple of 5 stars on Howard Comics then :)

PostPosted: July 17th, 2017, 5:12 am 
Minion

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 11 times
Spider-Borg wrote:
tstarnes wrote:

They'd probably rate Avengers #200 a 5-star!

Facetiousness aside, it's possible that some people don't get the same things out of a story that other people do.

Or maybe they were Green Goblin fans and didn't want to see their favorite character get offed. Man, I hope this doesn't mean "Sins Past" has fans!

PostPosted: July 17th, 2017, 8:20 am 
Minion

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 21 times
RIP Gwen. Just read it for the first time. That is Mufasa's death level of sad for me.

PostPosted: July 17th, 2017, 8:29 am 
Avenger

Has liked: 568 times
Been liked: 1293 times
Gecko wrote:
Spider-Borg wrote:
tstarnes wrote:

Maybe we'll see a couple of 5 stars on Howard Comics then :)

Can't be arsed to check, but I'm pretty sure I gave most of at least volume 1 of Howard the Duck five stars.

PostPosted: July 17th, 2017, 4:55 pm 
Minion

Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 33 times
tstarnes wrote:

That.... is MADNESS!! (Anyone who does a "300 Sparta" Meme will be added to my enemies list.)
But seriously, the highest rated comic on the site gets a 1 & 2-star? WTF is the world coming to?

PostPosted: July 17th, 2017, 4:58 pm 
Beyonder

Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 2970 times
Well, it's less that its the highest rated, and more what the comic is. That issue is one of THE iconic moments in Marvel.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 931, 932, 933, 934, 935, 936, 937 ... 953  Next