Complete Marvel Reading Order


It is currently October 18th, 2017, 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 958, 959, 960, 961, 962, 963  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Who is actually reading 'the order' and how far have you
PostPosted: October 12th, 2017, 8:38 am 
Offline
Minion

Joined: May 2nd, 2017, 7:48 am
Posts: 6
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times
dano357 wrote:
Am I the only one that enjoyed X-Force, or at least the first 20 issues or so?

gmonkey wrote:
I'm at X-Force #3.



X-Force, along with G.I. Joe, is the series that got me hooked on comics, so it will always have a special place in my heart.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is actually reading 'the order' and how far have you
PostPosted: October 12th, 2017, 1:49 pm 
Offline
Caped Crusader
User avatar

Joined: August 8th, 2013, 8:13 am
Posts: 1712
Location: Norway
Has liked: 618 times
Been liked: 366 times
JonahBlack wrote:
X-Force, along with G.I. Joe, is the series that got me hooked on comics, so it will always have a special place in my heart.


Good to know that Liefeld has done something right

_________________
En takk til de som lager go'e stoler, og de som gjør poteter til snop


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is actually reading 'the order' and how far have you
PostPosted: October 13th, 2017, 4:41 am 
Offline
Minion
User avatar

Joined: March 13th, 2016, 9:31 pm
Posts: 120
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 36 times
I am forever scarred by Liefield with that horrible Captain America image.

All kidding aside I used to love his work. Now I feel it's kind of dated. Especially after re-reading the Hawk & Dove series from The New 52 era.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is actually reading 'the order' and how far have you
PostPosted: October 15th, 2017, 1:43 am 
Offline
Herald of Galactus
User avatar

Joined: July 6th, 2011, 2:09 pm
Posts: 8638
Location: Poland/Belgium
Has liked: 1605 times
Been liked: 1559 times
FINALLY!!!!

An event/crossover with fixed chronology (and numbering). {Less work for me when I finish it ;) }

I'm 4 issues into Operation: Galactic Storm and I love how much it derives from decades of Marvel history. It's stories like that which are the whole point of this journey!

Will see If it's still as great toward the end, but now it's fun. I enjoy it!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is actually reading 'the order' and how far have you
PostPosted: October 15th, 2017, 2:06 am 
Offline
Caped Crusader
User avatar

Joined: August 8th, 2013, 8:13 am
Posts: 1712
Location: Norway
Has liked: 618 times
Been liked: 366 times
fragsel wrote:
FINALLY!!!!
I'm 4 issues into Operation: Galactic Storm and I love how much it derives from decades of Marvel history. It's stories like that which are the whole point of this journey!


I've forgotten that one. Have part of it on paper, mostly from the last half of it. I remember enjoying reading it.

_________________
En takk til de som lager go'e stoler, og de som gjør poteter til snop


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is actually reading 'the order' and how far have you
PostPosted: October 17th, 2017, 4:28 pm 
Offline
Minion
User avatar

Joined: January 10th, 2016, 6:28 am
Posts: 244
Location: WhovianVerse
Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 39 times
Drokk! I'm starting to slow to a crawl in the Expanded Order... not only that, but recently I lost my Synopsis for All-True Crime #39 [E Story] and that p*ssed me off.

Any tactics you lot would recommend that I try to keep reading the Expanded Order?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is actually reading 'the order' and how far have you
PostPosted: October 17th, 2017, 4:40 pm 
Offline
Minion

Joined: July 16th, 2012, 8:35 pm
Posts: 103
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 6 times
Deadpool7850 wrote:
Drokk! I'm starting to slow to a crawl in the Expanded Order... not only that, but recently I lost my Synopsis for All-True Crime #39 [E Story] and that p*ssed me off.

Any tactics you lot would recommend that I try to keep reading the Expanded Order?


I'm kind of amazed ANYBODY could read through the entire Expanded Order. Personally, I'm just reading the ones that look like they might be interesting and/or noteworthy and skipping the rest. There's definitely a few gems, but there's a whole lot of...less-than-gems.

_________________
My experience of life is that it is not divided up into genres; it’s a horrifying, romantic, tragic, comical, science-fiction cowboy detective novel.
You know, with a bit of pornography if you're lucky.

Alan Moore


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is actually reading 'the order' and how far have you
PostPosted: October 17th, 2017, 4:43 pm 
Offline
Beyonder
User avatar

Joined: June 9th, 2011, 8:39 am
Posts: 22102
Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 3019 times
Ice wrote:
I'm kind of amazed ANYBODY could read through the entire Expanded Order. Personally, I'm just reading the ones that look like they might be interesting and/or noteworthy and skipping the rest. There's definitely a few gems, but there's a whole lot of...less-than-gems.


Read the books in the Romance order. Those are particularly less-than-gems.

_________________


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is actually reading 'the order' and how far have you
PostPosted: October 17th, 2017, 4:47 pm 
Offline
Minion

Joined: July 16th, 2012, 8:35 pm
Posts: 103
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 6 times
tstarnes wrote:
Read the books in the Romance order. Those are particularly less-than-gems.


Yes! I've been pleasantly surprised with a couple vaguely humorous bits on the Romance books, but it's very, very, very rare.

_________________
My experience of life is that it is not divided up into genres; it’s a horrifying, romantic, tragic, comical, science-fiction cowboy detective novel.
You know, with a bit of pornography if you're lucky.

Alan Moore


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is actually reading 'the order' and how far have you
PostPosted: October 17th, 2017, 4:53 pm 
Offline
Minion
User avatar

Joined: January 10th, 2016, 6:28 am
Posts: 244
Location: WhovianVerse
Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 39 times
Ice wrote:
tstarnes wrote:
Read the books in the Romance order. Those are particularly less-than-gems.


Yes! I've been pleasantly surprised with a couple vaguely humorous bits on the Romance books, but it's very, very, very rare.

And by Very Rare... you mean totally unfindable?
@Ice and yes, I intend to read the entire Expanded Order... Even if it kills me.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 958, 959, 960, 961, 962, 963  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group