Complete Marvel Reading Order

It is currently October 20th, 2017, 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Arrowverse
PostPosted: April 18th, 2017, 11:33 pm 
Caped Crusader

Has liked: 568 times
Been liked: 437 times
I'm just going to have to agree to disagree with both of you. I see no reason for a separation.

PostPosted: April 19th, 2017, 8:39 am 
Sidekick

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 36 times
Also your point on Supergirl not being referenced, technically isn't true... there's an episode of Flash (s2e18) that just barely alludes to the crossover; so I'd put those two episodes together.

PostPosted: April 19th, 2017, 2:33 pm 
Caped Crusader

Does it really? I thought they just brushed it off and ignored it. My bad then.

Another question ... does time on Earth-38 move faster than in Earth-1? Originally Flash goes through and comes right back and no time has passed on Earth-1, yet he had this huge adventure with Supergirl. But now it seems like they both move along the same timeline since Supergirl joined the arrowverse.

PostPosted: April 19th, 2017, 2:39 pm 
Caped Crusader

On a side note: My summary on what these current seasons are about so far!
Flash S1 - Time travel is bad and people are petty.
Arrow S3 - Ninja assasins with worthless flashbacks.
Constantine S1 - Magic has a price, Angels suck, and people from Liverpool are cranky.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2017, 9:02 pm 
Caped Crusader

FYI, guys. I found out today that, like the Supergirl and Flash crossover, there was always a plan (according to Amell) that Arrow was going to crossover with Constaine. There was actually something in the works to have Amell's Green Arrow appear on Constantine. However, Constantine was canceled and the plans did not come to fruition until S4 of Arrow.

Hopefully this pushes for not having Constantine as one giant block. Gives it a little bit more validation (even though I do not see why it needs validation) for being weaved into the order and not treated as an outcast of some sorts.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2017, 9:25 pm 
Celestial

Has liked: 2439 times
Been liked: 1232 times
well, to be honest, I did not waste my time with Constantine.... I think you can skip the whole show and miss nothing from the other four, even when he shows up in Arrow... my issue though is still that it just adds one more show you are haveing to weave back and forth thru, and 4 shows alone are a huge commitment... I have a half a season to catch up on with each show, but that means I have 40 episodes, which is so time consuming.... so to make someone weave back and forth thru 5 shows is just too much to me.... especially when the 5th show has almost no connectivity.....

PostPosted: April 20th, 2017, 9:32 pm 
Sidekick

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 36 times
Yeah, sorry, that doesn't change my feelings at all. Leaving it as one big block seems entirely preferable to me; it's easier to follow the characters and binge on it that way.

Also raistlin, absolutely no pressure but I've been enjoying Constantine so far. It's a bit weird but overall I like the characters a lot.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2017, 9:44 pm 
Celestial

The T wrote:
Also raistlin, absolutely no pressure but I've been enjoying Constantine so far. It's a bit weird but overall I like the characters a lot.

yeah, I just don't have time for a show that I'm already past when it would have been relevant... same reason I don't care about Vixen.... sorry.... I have so much to catch up on right now, it's just too much.... even the Marvel shows are suffering right now for me.... I still have to finish Cage, Fist, and a season and a half of SHIELD.... plus all the shit I am currently reading....

PostPosted: April 20th, 2017, 9:52 pm 
Celestial

VenomousIntent wrote:
Hopefully this pushes for not having Constantine as one giant block.

I really don't know why your against the idea of an entire block of one show :?: part of me loves the connectivity of Arrow and Flash but the other part wishes Arrow and Flash seasons were giant blocks..... it would be so much easier to binge..... especially on Netflix..... I had the same problem with Buffy and Angel....

PostPosted: April 21st, 2017, 6:40 am 
Caped Crusader

raistlin903 wrote:
VenomousIntent wrote:
Hopefully this pushes for not having Constantine as one giant block.

I really don't know why your against the idea of an entire block of one show :?: part of me loves the connectivity of Arrow and Flash but the other part wishes Arrow and Flash seasons were giant blocks..... it would be so much easier to binge..... especially on Netflix..... I had the same problem with Buffy and Angel....

Because, to me, its when those events occur. It's not only a watching and viewing order but an order that also tries to show the history of that universe.

Constantine, Arrow and Flash are all happening at the same time. Moving something out of the timeline (whether connected or not) bothers me. Especially when there is room for. I watched all the shows the way in which I have it and I am perfectly fine. I don't see why people would have an issue with switching between shows when we do that with comics.

I mean, is this not why the site has boxes and core listings? People can easily figure out what they intend to watch and not watch. But playing with the history of an established world just seems silly to me.

@The T: Yeah, Constantine is a pretty decent show. I find it lacks momentum (Every week is a new demon of the week), it never fully builds on the darkness plot, and the supporting characters are weak for the most part. Constantine, Manny, and Papa Midnight are the best parts of the show.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 41  Next