Complete Marvel Reading Order

It is currently April 23rd, 2018, 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Equipments
PostPosted: April 1st, 2017, 4:32 pm 
Avenger

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 1011 times
Quick question I had about one equipment in particular (and the thread can then be used for other equipment-related questions). Would the Red Ronin robot count as equipment? We never listed it as a character because it has been pilot by different people, so I was wondering if it qualified as equipment.

Post subject: Re: Equipments
PostPosted: April 1st, 2017, 4:49 pm 
Beyonder

Has liked: 482 times
Been liked: 3529 times
Yes, specific vehicles count. So a named & important robot counts. As do quinjet but they are listed in aggregate, so all the quinjet are listed as 1 listing, even though there are multiple. Helicarriers are the same.

PostPosted: April 15th, 2017, 11:33 am 
Hero for Hire

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 178 times
Are there differences between Items / Vehicles, Armor etc.?

PostPosted: November 8th, 2017, 11:09 pm 
Beyonder

For anyone adding new equipment into the game, please include a full description of the item. if you are unsure of what I'm looking for, look at the fantasticcar flying boat or Caps shield for an example.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2018, 1:00 pm 
Minion

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
What's the best way to get equipment added to issues (especially for badge requirements)? Just submit through each issues Suggestions or Corrections under the Suggestions tab?

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2018, 1:14 pm 
Beyonder

Yes. I usually have a small backlog of submissions to go through (about 4 days behind right now cause of a huge run of trade submissions, which I'm not complaining about).

Just make sure the equipment isn't in flashbacks from other comics. There have been several submitted recently that only showed up in a flashback panel showing events from a previous comic. Those don't count as an appearance count.

If you're suggesting stuff with multiple iterations like Iron Man armor, you have to tell me which one (I'm using deliniations layed down in the Iron Manual as a guide to which armor is which model).

Also, we only count unique/special equipment. Just a knife, whatever don't count. Has to be unique like Dragonflame or Mocking birds battle staves.

It also helps to tell me who has that equipemnt (attaching equipment to a character makes sure it shows up in that characters equipment list), if it's someone other than the standard user (If you just say Iron Man Model 3, I'll assume its Tony Stark. If you just say Caps Shield, I'll assume it's Cap using it). For equipment like Quinjets or Fanasticar, those are assigned to groups, not characters, since they're generally used by the whole group, unless it's a one off character appearance using that equipment, say like Cap flying a quinjet in a spiderman issue or something.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2018, 1:36 pm 
Minion

Ok. For the past few days, I've just been saying "Web Shooters should be added to equipment" or "Cloak of Leviation and Eye of Agamotto need added to equipment". I submit something along those lines for each issue I've been reading.

Should I include the issue I'm submitting that for? Or is that already attached when it's submitted?

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2018, 1:38 pm 
Minion

Also, I've only been submitting things that have thier own badges at the moment. Should I continue to work off of that list or just submit things as I see them?

I know we're looking at weapons, specialized tech and ships/vehicles. Anything else?

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2018, 1:58 pm 
Beyonder

IF you've already submitted, then you don't need to submit again. I already processed a handful of your equip. suggestions. For those, it was fine except for "Iron Man armor should be added", which I skipped because I didn't know which set of iron man armor was in that issue. Other then that, your submissions have been fine (but I've also been assuming the user of the equipment was the normal user. You need to let me know if someone else has the item in that issue).

Go ahead and submit other equipment that you see that seems unique or specialized. We're looking for anything that's a unique piece of equipment used by characters, preferably that has some kind of unique name (like, it's be hard to list "Gambit's playing cards" since they're just cards). Accessories like Cyclops's visor are also useful (but it has to be equipment, so not wolverines claws, which are part of him).

Most of the equipment in the system doesn't have a badge, but we'd still like to have that equipment listed.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2018, 2:07 pm 
Minion

tstarnes wrote:
IF you've already submitted, then you don't need to submit again. I already processed a handful of your equip. suggestions. For those, it was fine except for "Iron Man armor should be added", which I skipped because I didn't know which set of iron man armor was in that issue. Other then that, your submissions have been fine (but I've also been assuming the user of the equipment was the normal user. You need to let me know if someone else has the item in that issue).

Go ahead and submit other equipment that you see that seems unique or specialized. We're looking for anything that's a unique piece of equipment used by characters, preferably that has some kind of unique name (like, it's be hard to list "Gambit's playing cards" since they're just cards). Accessories like Cyclops's visor are also useful (but it has to be equipment, so not wolverines claws, which are part of him).

Most of the equipment in the system doesn't have a badge, but we'd still like to have that equipment listed.

Sounds great.

I figured that things that are part of characters don't count.

Do things like the Danger Room count for the X-Men?