Complete Marvel Reading Order

It is currently November 24th, 2017, 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Suggest book for your library to buy...
PostPosted: July 10th, 2017, 8:28 pm 
Minion

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Did you know you could ask the library to buy books for their collection?

My library has a suggestion box pop up when a book isn't in their collections. Sometimes it comes in via ILL for adult books instead of being purchased, which is actually more expensive. Kids department I'm always told how its coming, but then I know the head librarian in that department.

My library has bought every book I've suggested for the children's department. I've only suggested 2 SW books, but numerous ones for my kids. They are always looking for suggestions.

My hit rate for adult section is about 75% or better. So few people actually use this feature at my library.

You can request they get the audiobook instead of print.

I do have a few personal rules when suggesting books. For SW they have to be well reviewed. When recommending children books we have usually read the a book by the author or the first book in the series, so we are pretty sure they are going to be good books. I don't want to fill the library with crap.

This takes awhile to come in, maybe a month or two depending on when your library do their book orders. When it comes in, the book is held for me automatically.

If only it wasn't such a chore looking through my friends collection. He has a huge collection of them, but he isn't organized.