Complete Marvel Reading Order

It is currently September 26th, 2017, 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: Working Order
PostPosted: August 16th, 2017, 12:21 pm 
Boy Wonder

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 93 times
I would suggest moving The Big Game after "The Siege." "The Homecoming," "The Circle," and "The Siege" are three parts to the same story, complete with a To Be Continued... after the first two episodes. Watchability is improved by having all of those episodes together, even if The Big Game takes place between events in the trilogy.

Post subject: Re: Working Order
PostPosted: August 24th, 2017, 11:10 am 
Avenger

Has liked: 940 times
Been liked: 463 times
vanhornluke wrote:
Travis, here's some placement info for some recent comic stories I just read:

Waypoint #5a "Frontier Medicine": this has to take place after the episode "Captive Pursuit," since it says that "dozens of ships have made the journey from the gamma quadrant," but it also has to take place very early in season 1, since Miles is said to be "fresh off the Enterprise." The stardate is given as 46418.2, but I don't know if that's helpful or not.

Waypoint #5b "Come Away, Child": a generic TOS five-year mission story. Spock gives the stardate as 3328.3, but I doubt that's helpful at all.

New Visions #16a "Time Out of Joint": Kirk thinks to himself that Gary Mitchell has been "dead for half a dozen years." Gary died in "Where No Man Has Gone Before," which was probably before the five year mission began, so this is probably toward the end of the five year mission. Stardate given is 6171.8, for whatever that's worth.

New Visions #16b "Home": This story doesn't really fit with the novels, or even the films since it has Janice Rand return to the Enterprise during the five year mission as a Lt., but she didn't become an officer until after TMP. The stardate is given as 6319.5, for whatever that's worth.

New Visions #16c "Those Who Play with Cats...": This is a one-page story depicting when M'Ress first arrived on the Enterprise, so it likely takes place sometime between TOS and TAS. No stardate is given.

And speaking of TAS, I think the novelizations by Alan Dean Foster should be included in STRO. Foster greately expanded each of the episodes he adapted, some to novella length, and some all the way to novel length.

Travis, a couple more suggestions for recent stories:

New Visions #17 has to take place sometime after #16b.

Waypoint #6a "The Rebound Effect": a generic TOS story. I didn't notice any specific story clues. The stardate given is 2942.1, for whatever that's worth.

Waypoint #6b "The Fear": This is an out-of-continuity story set in "Phase II," the planned tv series that was scrapped in favor of TMP. It doesn't fit with the films or shows, let alone other comics and novels, so you can probably leave it out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16