Complete Marvel Reading Order

It is currently January 17th, 2018, 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Trek Order Corrections
PostPosted: February 15th, 2017, 7:49 pm 
Beyonder

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 3330 times
Hmm, good point. I'll have to figure something out, because star wars, star trek, and MCU sites all run very differently than CMRO, and the way CMRO does it isn't possible here...let me work on that.

PostPosted: February 15th, 2017, 11:43 pm 
Celestial

Has liked: 2524 times
Been liked: 1280 times
tearsofrage wrote:
You know how for CMRO, you have "Go to [previous] Issue" and "Go to [next] Issue" for every entry? That'd be very convenient if you added that for Star Trek as well, so that people like me who are only watching the shows can just go to the next episode.

same for Star Wars order as well....

PostPosted: February 15th, 2017, 11:58 pm 
Beyonder

And MCU. They all run with more or less the same backend system, when I update a feature on 1, I do it to all 3

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 10:53 am 
Avenger

Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 387 times
I just saw the "Novels" order and "TV and Movies" order. Thank you! That's awesome.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 11:01 am 
Beyonder

I'm working on adding something similar to star wars order. I'm not planning on adding it to mcu, since its 90% tv/movies.

PostPosted: February 25th, 2017, 7:08 am 
Boy Wonder

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 109 times
The novel Precipice is #5 of the Vanguard series, and Open Secrets is #4. Currently, Open Secrets is later in the order. Those novels sometimes had a frame story or flashforward, but I'm pretty sure that most of Precipice happens after Open Secrets, and they were designed to be read in publication order.

PostPosted: February 25th, 2017, 8:33 am 
Beyonder

flipped them

PostPosted: February 26th, 2017, 8:27 pm 
Beyonder

vanhornluke wrote:
tstarnes wrote:
On the book first, do you have a link to a cover where it actually shows Age of the Empress. Everything seems to point back to Glass Empires instead.

On the other thing. So you are saying go ahead and put the last enterprise episode in place before that book? If I do that, In later books, do you know if they refer to the federation or should the other enterprise books be moved up before the last episode and then novel that alters it?

Glass Empires is the anthology. The novellas are published within it. So, the individual stories don't have their own covers, but should just have the Glass Empires cover (just like individual stories within Strange New Worlds anthology books).

Regarding Enterprise: I would simply put the episode "These are the Voyages" at the end of Enterprise season 4, right before The Good That Men Do. The novels that follow do not refer to the Federation until it is actually founded several years later. Between Enterprise and the founding of the Federation, you only get references to The Coalition of Planets (with the exception of the flashforward framing story in The Good That Men Do; the frame story has Jake Sisko and Nog, but you can't put the novel way in the future, since the other post-Enterprise novels build off of the events of The Good That Men Do). So basically, don't move anything except place "These are the Voyages" right before The Good That Men Do.

You weren't kidding about "The Good That Men Do", it basically invalidates most of what happens in "these are the voyages"

PostPosted: February 26th, 2017, 9:32 pm 
Avenger

Has liked: 1060 times
Been liked: 517 times
Yep, that episode is so hated that the authors were able to undermine it without actually contradicting anything in the episode, since it only shows a holodeck recreation of events, not the events themselves. :-)

PostPosted: February 27th, 2017, 9:49 pm 
Boy Wonder

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 109 times
Best Defense has been added to the order, but the first book in that trilogy, Captain to Captain, is not present. I don't know exactly how they all slot together, but I remember that Best Defense was about 45 days after the end of Captain to Captain, and Purgatory's Key proceeded pretty much directly from Best Defense.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next