Complete Marvel Reading Order

It is currently April 22nd, 2018, 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Discovery
PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 5:34 am 
Avenger

Has liked: 645 times
Been liked: 1471 times
tstarnes wrote:
So, I caughting up on the last episode. I really liked it, but there is a theory I've read several times which I had at first discounted, but now I think there may be some truth to it.

That Tyler is actually the "dead" Klingon torchbearer, whose been altered to look/pass as a human

Yeah, I'm kinda buying into that one, too, still. The thing that sells me on it is in the spoiler tags.

At this point, the only thing that would talk me out of it is if you could show me a picture of Javid Iqbal, the actor whose only IMDb credit is playing Voq, of whom no pictures are known to exist, who doesn't appear in behind the scenes footage, and who cast and crew insist isn't actually Shazad Latif who plays Ash. See also this super weird interview with Latif and Jason Isaacs, and with Sonequa Martin-Green and writer Aaron Herberts.

PostPosted: March 18th, 2018, 10:24 am 
Celestial

Has liked: 2611 times
Been liked: 1334 times
I just started the second half of the season, and my re-watch of Enterprise is actually paying off, having just watched the Enterprise Mirror-Verse episodes yesterday.... otherwise I would have never remembered the references......

Last edited by raistlin903 on March 18th, 2018, 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: March 18th, 2018, 10:26 am 
Beyonder

Has liked: 480 times
Been liked: 3528 times
(The mirror-verse episodes of Ent. are some of their better episodes)

PostPosted: March 18th, 2018, 12:36 pm 
Celestial

damn, this just took a 180..... lol... did not see that coming....

PostPosted: March 18th, 2018, 3:20 pm 
Celestial

just finished Season 1, and I thought it was pretty good... I deffinitly like this cast better than the Enterprise cast..... lol.....

and, wow, hard core Trek fans are super bitchy..... pretty much everything I've seen complaints about I can overlook.... I'm glad this is going to get a second season....

PostPosted: March 18th, 2018, 4:13 pm 
Beyonder

Agreed. The only deviations from trek lore is the visual style, mostly of the uniforms, ships and Klingon. The uniforms are actually addressed in the first discovery book. the rest isn't that hard to look past.

PostPosted: March 18th, 2018, 4:15 pm 
Beyonder

and agreed on the cast. Burnham and Saru are really good, interesting characters. The only thing I miss is the original Geirgo (sp?) from the first 2 episodes. She was so damn good, I wish we had more of her.

PostPosted: March 18th, 2018, 4:20 pm 
Celestial

tstarnes wrote:
Agreed. The only deviations from trek lore is the visual style, mostly of the uniforms, ships and Klingon. The uniforms are actually addressed in the first discovery book. the rest isn't that hard to look past.

yeah, I can't believe how many people complain about the exact placement of the warp nacelle, or the color, etc.... it's exhausting.... I really don't pay THAT much attention to specific ship design to even notice half the stuff they are complaining about..... I mean do they really want them to dust off the old 60s sets and models and use those??? that would just be awful.... :lol:

PostPosted: March 18th, 2018, 4:22 pm 
Celestial

tstarnes wrote:
and agreed on the cast. Burnham and Saru are really good, interesting characters. The only thing I miss is the original Geirgo (sp?) from the first 2 episodes. She was so damn good, I wish we had more of her.

Tilly is great as well.... I also like Stamets.....

PostPosted: March 18th, 2018, 4:41 pm 
Avenger

Has liked: 645 times
Been liked: 1471 times
raistlin903 wrote:
tstarnes wrote:

yeah, I can't believe how many people complain about the exact placement of the warp nacelle, or the color, etc.... it's exhausting.... I really don't pay THAT much attention to specific ship design to even notice half the stuff they are complaining about..... I mean do they really want them to dust off the old 60s sets and models and use those??? that would just be awful.... :lol:

Enterprise walking onto the Defiant's TOS-style set was a great moment, but it's also just about the extent you can get away with. The far simpler fix would be to just set it two hundred years after Voyager -- but then you lose the connection to the one part of Star Trek you can expect the mainstream audience to actually be aware of.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next