Complete Marvel Reading Order

It is currently April 26th, 2018, 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4086 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 405, 406, 407, 408, 409
 Post subject: Re: Short comments to recently read comic books
PostPosted: August 22nd, 2017, 1:39 pm 
Boy Wonder

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 113 times
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur is awesome! I am loving the new characters and new versions of legacy characters that we have gotten post-Secret Wars.

PostPosted: October 16th, 2017, 3:08 pm 
Caped Crusader

Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 208 times
I haven't been very active on CMRO the last couple months (although I read the comments and forums every day), because I've been reading comics from other publishers, namely Usagi Yojimbo and Tank Girl. Especially Usagi. My local library has like thirty volumes of Usagi and I've now read the first three. It's so good, people. So, so good. If you like Zatoichi The Blind Swordsman, or Akira Kurosawa, you'll love Usagi Yojimbo. I can't recommend it enough, it's just such an enjoyable read. The early Tank Girl volumes I've read have also been really cool, but obviously much less refined than Usagi.

PostPosted: October 16th, 2017, 4:00 pm 
Boy Wonder

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 113 times
Usagi Yojimbo is WONDERFUL. I've read through the issues I could find from the first publisher and the first two Saga Collections. The book really does do it all at a high level each and every issue.

PostPosted: January 10th, 2018, 8:51 pm 
Minion

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time
I just read the X-Men: Gold Annual that came out today, the first time in a while I've picked up a new Marvel book on the same day it came out. It's nice seeing the original Excalibur team back together, but the enemy threat is only mildly interesting and it's all over pretty quick. There are some good character moments that keep it from being boring. The short backup story wasn't really my cup of tea, seemed more for a younger audience than I.

I'm really excited for the new Marvel Two-In-One, if this is how the FF finally all get back together, I'm on board.

Last edited by Zid on January 10th, 2018, 8:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: January 19th, 2018, 12:29 am 
Caped Crusader

Has liked: 593 times
Been liked: 465 times
So I decided that, besides reading the order, I will start reading the Spider family legacy books. I'm absolutely loving The Amazing Spider-Man Legacy comics. I started with the renunbering (I have a basic idea of what occurred before), but Slott did a great job of just starting Amazing Spider-Man fresh. I feel like any reader can hop on and Dan will tell you the bits and pieces you need to know.

I also just read the entire venom series today ... because I couldn't do any further in Spidey because of the Venom Inc event ... but it was worth it. Venom Inc event was awesome. Just an awesome team up and a lot of fun for both Venom and Spidey fans.

PostPosted: January 19th, 2018, 12:33 am 
Caped Crusader

Has liked: 593 times
Been liked: 465 times
But looking ahead at the Spider-Man events in the future ... my next read will be Venomverse and Edge of Venomverse ... in order to brush myself up in that area.

After that I will most likely get myself caught up on Spider-Man which stars my other favorite web-head - Miles Morales

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4086 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 405, 406, 407, 408, 409