Complete Marvel Reading Order

It is currently January 20th, 2018, 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MCU Manga
PostPosted: June 11th, 2017, 9:08 pm 
Minion

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 108 times
I thought a thread discussing the Japanese manga set in the MCU would be useful including a place to share information about upcoming releases and translations.

I have found another original MCU manga featuring Doctor Strange. The manga is set before and after the events of the Doctor Strange movie. It is drawn and written by Haruichi, the same manga artist behind the Doctor Strange Episode #0 manga that is already in the MCU Order.

The manga was initially published in 16 parts on the MangaBox digital app by Shonen Magazine Comics. The 16 installments along with a bonus four panel manga series were released between November 30, 2016 to March 29, 2017. The manga has subsequently been collected and republished in paper form and was released on June 2, 2017. Here is the cover:

The manga is split into 4 chapters:

A Story
Set before the events of the Doctor Strange film and sat before the events of Doctor Strange Episode #0, 80 pages.

B Story
Set after the events of the Doctor Strange film, 93 pages

C Story
This reprints Doctor Strange Episode #0 and takes place the day before the events of the film.

D Story
This is set after the events of the fllm and the B Story. It is a humorous look at the antics of Doctor Strange's robe.

So far there is no news of an English translation.

Post subject: Re: MCU Manga
PostPosted: September 24th, 2017, 5:42 pm 
Minion

It looks like the Guardians of the Galaxy: Galaxy Rush manga found by The T has a tie-in with Hogun's realm Vanaheim which was briefly visited in Thor: The Dark World.

http://nerdist.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-gets-a-manga-series-in-japan/

It looks like it is set after the second Guardians movie.

PostPosted: September 24th, 2017, 5:51 pm 
Minion

In the lead up to the Japanese release of Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2, a series of 12 original 4-panel mangas were digitally released on the Magapoke app. They are also collected here on the official Japanese Twitter feed of GOTG2: https://twitter.com/i/moments/862535892644249605

They were written and drawn by Haruichi (the artist behind the Doctor Strange manga I post about above).

I am not advocating that these 4-panel manga be included in the MCU Order at this point, since I believe they are analogous to a newspaper strip. Hopefully they will be collected along with the currently running Galaxy Rush manga when it is eventually collected and translated.

PostPosted: September 25th, 2017, 5:18 am 
Minion

Has liked: 515 times
Been liked: 50 times
Are there any news on a possible translation of the Doctor Strange Episode #0 manga that you know of Glyph?

PostPosted: September 25th, 2017, 11:50 am 
Minion

None yet. I am hoping that Marvel will announce a translation soon. I keep looking!