Complete Marvel Reading Order

It is currently December 15th, 2017, 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Working Order
PostPosted: March 27th, 2017, 2:24 pm 
Beyonder

Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 3245 times
Here is the current working order for Doctor Who. I will update this first post as I add more or as suggestions are made.

I've pulled this list for now (the order is growing to large for a post). If you are interested in this list while we are building the order, please PM me.

We will continue to use this topic to work on corrections to the order.

Post subject: Re: Working Order
PostPosted: March 27th, 2017, 5:11 pm 
Avenger

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 365 times
Awesome. I'll get to work reading/listening to these so we can argue about the semantics of certain placements of the non-TV show stuff!

PostPosted: March 27th, 2017, 5:19 pm 
Beyonder

let me know. The more thats fixed in the working order, the less thats fixed once stuff starts going on the site.

PostPosted: March 28th, 2017, 5:58 am 
Minion

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 12 times
Its finally here!! This is the order I have been most excited for. I had just got to The Power of the Daleks when i heard you were doing an order. I have held off watching any more and will now be starting from the beginning again. I will admit i'm not looking forward to re watching a lot of the 1st Doctor stories, but there was some gems and i did missed out the Novels and Dramas.
I have also got back into Pokemon Go with a passion so the audio dramas will keep me going on my long hunts i find myself on.
I will start this after i finish the Clone Wars series as I only like to watch one series at a time. Excited!

PostPosted: March 28th, 2017, 6:37 am 
Avenger

Has liked: 589 times
Been liked: 1372 times
  • Quinnis has a framing story set after Susan meets back up with the Eighth Doctor in An Earthly Child-- it's years since I've heard either, but I'm sure it spoils stuff for that reunion.
  • Operation Proteus is one of three prologues to Seventh Doctor comic Ground Zero -- the events of Operation Proteus, Black Destiny, and The Curse of the Scarab are only resolved in Ground Zero.

The Companion Chronicles range takes the same format as Quinnis about 7 out of 8 times -- a companion, long after their departure from the TARDIS, tells to a friend a tale of an adventure with the Doctor -- so what's your policy on those?

PostPosted: March 28th, 2017, 9:10 am 
Avenger

Alex Daily wrote:
  • Quinnis has a framing story set after Susan meets back up with the Eighth Doctor in An Earthly Child-- it's years since I've heard either, but I'm sure it spoils stuff for that reunion.
  • Operation Proteus is one of three prologues to Seventh Doctor comic Ground Zero -- the events of Operation Proteus, Black Destiny, and The Curse of the Scarab are only resolved in Ground Zero.

The Companion Chronicles range takes the same format as Quinnis about 7 out of 8 times -- a companion, long after their departure from the TARDIS, tells to a friend a tale of an adventure with the Doctor -- so what's your policy on those?

Given that some companions have died (though rare), it has to take place after that companion leaves the Doctor, right?

Even if that means you get some previous Doctor stuff with the current Doctor, I think it'll be ok because it features the companion.

PostPosted: March 28th, 2017, 9:14 am 
Avenger

Has liked: 589 times
Been liked: 1372 times
Barring other factors, most Companion Chronicles with that format I'd place in the next narrative gap after that companion's departure, i.e. the Steven trilogy soon after The Savages, the Sara Kingdom trilogy soon after her-- well, that's a bit complicated, but I'd put it right after season three. Quinnis is probably the furthest jump of all of those.

Last edited by Alex Daily on March 28th, 2017, 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: March 28th, 2017, 9:16 am 
Avenger

I think that makes the most sense.

PostPosted: March 28th, 2017, 9:45 am 
Avenger

So, Alex mentioned in the previous topic putting the Beginning with the 50th anniversary stuff, and now that I've listen to it, I happen to agree.

Firstly, it kinda gives a lot away. It mentions that Susan has multiple hearts, something not established until the 3rd Doctor. And while you get the feeling that the Doctor is a fugitive early on, it's really a long time before they confirm anything. (If I'm not mistaken, it's in the 2nd Doctor serial War Games.)

It's also the first part of a trilogy with an original character Quadriger Stoyn. The trilogy involves, the first Doctor, the Second Doctor, and the Fourth Doctor. The trilogy was also meant to be part of the celebration of the 50th year anniversary of the show.

So, given that it was part of the 50 year anniversary specials and the hindsight that is present in it's writing, I vote that it should be place around the Tv 50th Anniversary Special, The Day of the Doctor.

PostPosted: March 28th, 2017, 9:52 am 
Beyonder

I do want to point out, just learning something early isn't, in of itself, a spoiler. A spoiler gives away something big. So something like "we learned his first name was fred" isn't a spoiler. And from what i've seen, the three heart thing isn't a spoiler, its not that important to the overall flow of the stories. Maybe the fugitive thing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next