Complete Marvel Reading Order

It is currently September 26th, 2017, 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Doctor? Doctor who? Who's your favorite Doctor?
PostPosted: July 19th, 2017, 1:08 pm 
Avenger

Has liked: 158 times
Been liked: 347 times
I'm only on the 3rd Doctor myself, so I don't have an opinion.

But man, Pertwee is awesome.

PostPosted: July 25th, 2017, 10:32 am 
Sidekick

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 55 times
I've seen almost everything from reboot and a little bit of every doctor from classic era. From classics i like Pertwee (just oozes charisma) but Tom Baker is my favorite. The man is just from another planet, perfect for the role. No wonder it was all downhill from there. Not that there were bad doctors after him, but he was just gold.

Now reboot and after last season I can safely say that Capaldi if my favorite from new era. I mean what a brilliant actor. He was exactly what the doctor needed to be. Even with poor writing in some episodes he managed to save them. But just look at him in Heaven sent, Listen, The Magician's Apprentice or last season's two episode finale. I like Tennant, Smith and Ecclestone, who was my first doctor, but Capaldi for me is just on another level.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2017, 4:47 pm 
Avenger

Has liked: 158 times
Been liked: 347 times
Simply_Amazing wrote:
I've seen almost everything from reboot and a little bit of every doctor from classic era. From classics i like Pertwee (just oozes charisma) but Tom Baker is my favorite. The man is just from another planet, perfect for the role. No wonder it was all downhill from there. Not that there were bad doctors after him, but he was just gold.

Now reboot and after last season I can safely say that Capaldi if my favorite from new era. I mean what a brilliant actor. He was exactly what the doctor needed to be. Even with poor writing in some episodes he managed to save them. But just look at him in Heaven sent, Listen, The Magician's Apprentice or last season's two episode finale. I like Tennant, Smith and Ecclestone, who was my first doctor, but Capaldi for me is just on another level.

I get why people say that about Capaldi. And he was great. But every Doctor I've seen so far is great. (I'm caught up on current Who, and I'm in the middle of the 3rd Doctor in Classic Who).

But, for me, Capaldi is my least favorite Doctor. It's in part due to the events of Hell Bent. Heaven Sent is an all time great episode for Doctor Who, but Hell Bent was difficult to watch. And I get why people like it and think it's interesting, but it definitely cemented him as my least favorite Doctor after that.

But there's other reasons, too. Capaldi's Doctor is just so intense. He didn't have the playful, mischievous side that every other Doctor I've encountered has had. And I'm not necessarily saying that this is a bad thing, it's just my reasons why he's my least favorite.

The Doctor is a great character, and I've loved every incarnation of him that I've seen. (Except for maybe the War Doctor, but that's because he only got one episode.)

PostPosted: July 27th, 2017, 8:36 am 
Sidekick

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 55 times
tearsofrage wrote:
Simply_Amazing wrote:

I get why people say that about Capaldi. And he was great. But every Doctor I've seen so far is great. (I'm caught up on current Who, and I'm in the middle of the 3rd Doctor in Classic Who).

But, for me, Capaldi is my least favorite Doctor. It's in part due to the events of Hell Bent. Heaven Sent is an all time great episode for Doctor Who, but Hell Bent was difficult to watch. And I get why people like it and think it's interesting, but it definitely cemented him as my least favorite Doctor after that.

But there's other reasons, too. Capaldi's Doctor is just so intense. He didn't have the playful, mischievous side that every other Doctor I've encountered has had. And I'm not necessarily saying that this is a bad thing, it's just my reasons why he's my least favorite.

The Doctor is a great character, and I've loved every incarnation of him that I've seen. (Except for maybe the War Doctor, but that's because he only got one episode.)

I can see your point, Hell Bent was a huge disappointment after Heaven Sent, but despite bad writing I still enjoy Capaldi so much. As far as mischievous side of the Doctor goes, Capaldi does have a good comedic timing but you are right, he's not nearly as playful as Smith, Tennant or even Ecclestone. He's just different. I do agree thou, I love all the doctors, so far they didn't miss with casting, even with Colin Baker and even with McGann who has one shitty movie and a one great cameo but still managed to become awesome Doctor.

Loved the War Doctor also. With the little time he had, he did very well.

And how can anyone dislike Donna is beyond me :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7