Complete Marvel Reading Order

It is currently September 24th, 2017, 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What would you do?
Ben Rielly 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
One More Day 73%  73%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: Re: Ben Rielly vs One More Day
PostPosted: September 4th, 2016, 7:07 pm 
Herald of Galactus

Has liked: 265 times
Been liked: 1102 times
Yeah somenone would probably have made MJ a vampire 5 years later. But keep in mind this is a deal with the devil. Mephisto is surely powerful enough to make sure that never happens.

PostPosted: September 4th, 2016, 7:19 pm 
Herald of Galactus

tearsofrage wrote:
Well, I wouldn't have minded a retired Peter Parker as long as we knew the whole time that Spider-Man was Ben Reilly.

Having it be Peter Parker and then later say, never mind, it was actually Ben Reilly the whole time, I would hate.

Yeah that is what people hated. But I'd take it over OMD. If we knew that Ben was Spider-Man the whole time. We'd be living in a very different world. Spider-Man would probably have failed in the 70's.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2016, 9:56 pm 
Caped Crusader

Has liked: 560 times
Been liked: 428 times
I voted One More Day. The aftermath gave us some really damn good Spider-Man stories. Say what you want, but One More Day made Spider-Man better in a lot of ways.

The Clone Saga, as much as I like Ben Rielly and the premise of the event, it is just exasperating. I feel like if you make Ben Reilly the status quo you sort of lock yourself into the clone saga permanently.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2016, 10:04 pm 
Herald of Galactus

What do you mean lock into the clone saga permanently? Presumably if Ben Rielly had stuck around we would have had different stories with him. The Daily Grind for instance, was definitely set up to be a story factory.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 9:34 pm 
Caped Crusader

I'm not saying that we wouldn't have gotten new stories. Or even great stories with Ben Rielly. I just feel that he is so entwined with the Clone Saga that it would be something that would have constantly worked itself back into his storyline over and over again. Like a loop.

I'm going to just stand my ground and say OMD, despite what occurred, ended up making Peter Parker Spider-Man comics fun again and added more to the Spider family.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 9:54 pm 
Herald of Galactus

It's hard for me to believe that obliterating Mary Jane could have added something, when it's clearly taking away something major. As for making the comics fun again, it's not like Mary Jane was preventing fun just by being there. It's just that they changed writers.

PostPosted: October 7th, 2016, 12:06 am 
Celestial

Has liked: 2412 times
Been liked: 1216 times
rocketraccoon wrote:
It hard for me to believe that obliterating Mary Jane could have added something, when it's clearly taking away something major..

well no offense, but you can't really criticize until you've actually gone past OMD.... :P your pretty much condemnling allnof marvel for OMD....it happens, it sucks, but get over it and move on.... there is a lot your giving up on for one story....

PostPosted: October 7th, 2016, 12:22 am 
Herald of Galactus

I'm not condemning all of marvel for OMD, just Spider-Man. I'm condemning the Avengers for Civil War and the mutants for House of M, so I condemn the whole of marvel for a variety of slightly different events.

And I didn't say that SM comics weren't better after OMD, I don't know. I just don't think that the event and the improvement of the comics are necessarily connected. I can know both of the things I said are true without having read any comics after OMD. MJ doesn't prevent fun and MJ was a major part of SM comics.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2016, 10:06 pm 
Caped Crusader

rocketraccoon wrote:
It's hard for me to believe that obliterating Mary Jane could have added something, when it's clearly taking away something major. As for making the comics fun again, it's not like Mary Jane was preventing fun just by being there. It's just that they changed writers.

1) I never said that MJ was the problem

2) I never even mentioned MJ

3) Why are we even discussing MJ?

4) MJ still remains a prominent figure within the Spider-Man comics. Her and Peter are still very close friends ... probably bffs in their own weird way.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2016, 10:09 pm 
Caped Crusader

And yes ... I agree that the event did not improve Spider-Man at that very moment in time. But the writers that were tasked with fixing that mess (mostly Dan Slott) were able to take a shitty situation and turn it into gold. And not just in Spider-Man. But across the board in the Spider-family of comics.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next