Complete Marvel Reading Order

It is currently January 23rd, 2018, 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: DC Character & Group Additions
PostPosted: January 13th, 2018, 10:45 am 
Sidekick

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 105 times
fragsel wrote:
I know nothing about what You are talking about, but based on what You wrote shouldn't he be listed with "0", just as we list for example Symbiote or Noble Kale or Phoenix Force (where Racherl appears) in Marvel Order?

If I missunderstood Your discussion I appologize...

I'm pretty sure this what he was asking, yeah.

If the Phoenix Force is listed every time Rachel appears, the Spectre Force/Aztar should be absolutely be listed when the Spectre appears.

Billy Batson and Captain Marvel should be listed as two separate characters for most incarnations as well as far as i remember.

Nabu is potentially more complicated in that his spirit lives in the helm, but he doesn't inherently take control when the helm is used or anything as far as i remember, he just advises the wearer. So i assume he should only be listed when he actually "appears" to give advice, not by default whenever Dr. Fate makes an appearance?

Last edited by Azurfel on January 13th, 2018, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2018, 6:52 pm 
Minion

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 37 times
I meant if whenever there's a Dr. Fate story or something, are we also listing an appropriate version of Nabu as having appeared in that comic as he's (generally) part of the equation by default? Only if he shows up in spirit or alive in a flashback? I wasn't sure of the rules we have for these kinds of characters on the Marvel side.

Azurfel wrote:
Billy Batson and Captain Marvel should be listed as two separate characters for most incarnations as well as far as i remember.

I'm going to be jumping the gun here so sorry if I confuse matters for everyone, isn't that mostly the case with earlier incarnations of Billy Batson like the Earth-S one who is currently the only one in DCRO right now? Modern takes seem to go with it being Billy with powers with the main exception off the top of my head being the one from Frank Miller's personal universe. Something to worry about later I guess.

Last edited by Rock_Volnutt on January 13th, 2018, 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2018, 7:55 pm 
Beyonder

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 3343 times
Being part of the helmet, but not doing anything, wouldn't rate an appearance, since he's imbuing it but not part of it. I can't remember if we listed venom as a hidden character on issues where we see the black suit but he isn't "venom" yet. (And yes, we can list people as hidden in DCRO, by not assigning them to main/supporting/other listings). We'd only list him if his spirit or whatever directly interacted in the story.

I mean, if you were reading just the nabu order, would you read every time the helmet showed up but there was no notable interaction other than the helmet being present.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2018, 7:58 pm 
Avenger

Has liked: 455 times
Been liked: 971 times
We don't list Venom, but we do list the Symbiote as 0. Same thing with Zarathos (for Johnny Blaze) or Noble Kale (for Danny Ketch) every time their heads are flaming.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2018, 9:32 pm 
Beyonder

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 3343 times
There ya go. We list him as invisible then (not listed as any specific main/supporting/other), except when he interacts.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2018, 9:25 am 
Minion

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 11 times
I noticed the picture you have for Atom (Albert Pratt) is actually of a character named Cyclotron that Roy Thomas created during his run on All-Star Squadron in the 1980's. Here are some pics of the Golden Age Atom for you to consider. Note: he switched from the full mask costume to the fin head costume in 1948. I think most fans of the golden age associate him more with the original costume...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2018, 11:16 am 
Minion

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 11 times
And here's a more Earth Two appropriate pic of Hawkgirl. I think the one you have is post-crisis Kendra Sanders. :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2018, 3:23 pm 
Hero for Hire

Has liked: 153 times
Been liked: 156 times
More Fun Comics #25 [B story]
CHARACTERS
Support: Richard Manners, Captain Ellsworth

Detective Comics (v1) #8 [A Story]
CHARACTERS
Support: Inspector Moran
Villain: Fred Dunn

Detective Comics (v1) #8 [I Story]
CHARACTERS
Support: , Mr. Tolliver, Mrs. Tolliver, Rufe Tolliver, Parson
Villain:Zeke Willis, Lucy-Belle Willis

The Funnies (v2) #14 [O Story]
CHARACTERS
Support: Daphne's Brother (This is just a place holder until we see if he has a name)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7