Complete Marvel Reading Order

It is currently April 21st, 2018, 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Father/Son Order Commentary
PostPosted: December 15th, 2017, 9:44 am 
Beyonder

Has liked: 480 times
Been liked: 3528 times
The last few days we've read Iron Man: I am Iron Man #2 and he again didn't get why we had to read stuff we just saw in the movies, said "lets skip it".

We read Fast Friends #2. He liked the shield base a lot. Thought it was cool. He enjoyed it but said it still wasn't as good as the movie.

We read Public Identity #1 and part of #2. Again, he likes ok. Rhodey is quickly becoming one of his favorite characters. All the flashbacks are confusing him some. We've had to backtrack a lot and talk about what is happening when.

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2017, 10:07 pm 
Beyonder

So we finally managed to read some more.

Public Identity parts #2 and #3, he really liked. He loved seeing Iron Man in action.

Fury Files: The Incredible hulk #1 he gave 2 stars to, said it was kinda boring, since it was people just talking. He liked #2 though. He thought the hulk was cool and he's a fan of Fury (if Fury is in a scene with action that is).

Tomorrow we're watching The Incredible Hulk.

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2017, 10:45 pm 
Avenger

Has liked: 2367 times
Been liked: 687 times
My son and I are just over halfway through Daredevil Season 2. He doesn’t seem to be too interested. He did kind of get excited when
The Punisher was in prison and they took him to the rec area my son said “ISNT THAT WHERE FISK WAS?!”

It’ll be nice to get out of the Netflix shows. They really kill our pace.

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2017, 10:49 pm 
Beyonder

As long as there is fighting, we'll be ok. He walked by while I was watching Iron Fist, and saw a fight scene and was like "Awesome". (I get their choreography isn't great, but for a 7 year old it's cool). Luke cage has a lot of non-fighting scenes, as does Jessica Jones, so those will be a challenge.

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2017, 6:47 pm 
Sidekick

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 86 times
I love you are doing this. When I joined I had just had my son and realized reading novels was damn near impossible with an infant. So I got marvel unlimited. As I read I would read to him as well. And 3 years later here I am. Not as far as I wanted to be in the order but further than most people make it. My son still comes up to me when we are laying down as I read and gets excited when the Hulk is on the screen. Hulk is by far his favorite. Or he asks me what Iron man is doing and I will read to him. 4 years old and cuddles up to me as I read him these stories I am reading in order. These are the equivalent to his lullabys.

We also have a tradition I started this year of going to see all MCU movies in theatre. He has seen them all but I decided when he turned 4 he was old enough to go with me to the theater. So far we have seen, GotG 2, Spider-Man Homecoming, and Thor: Ragnarok in the theaters together. He knows Black Panther is our next trip but he can’t stop talking about Thanos since I showed him the Infinity War trailer. He wresteles my dad, who he calls papa and always says papa is Thanos because he is bald like papa. Then he is Hulk and smashes lol.

Thank you for this thread and letting me know there are others passing on our nerd love to the next generation.

PostPosted: January 11th, 2018, 9:35 pm 
Beyonder

So we finished the Incredible Hulk. He gave it 5 stars, said he loved it. The middle bored him a bit and he got a little confused with mr blue/mr green, but he loved the beginning when the banner said "You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry" (using poor Portuguese), and he called the end fight "epic". He did say there should be less kissing. He also freaked out when stark showed up in the post credits.

We also watched "the consultant". He said he liked it and it was funny, but I think most of the conversation flew over his head. We had to watch it a few times and I had to explain a lot of it to him.

Now, on to Thor comics and Thor 1.

PostPosted: January 11th, 2018, 10:04 pm 
Sidekick

Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 83 times
This is great. We are doing the movies only as a family right now. My 6 year old is simply not mature enough for the shows.

PostPosted: January 11th, 2018, 10:33 pm 
Avenger

My son and I just finished Daredevil Season 2. We both kind of tuned out for the last half of the season. He tuned back in for the last couple of episodes though. I just couldn’t pay attention to it. Probably because it hasn’t been that long since I watched it.

Then we watched the team Thor shorts and the first couple of episodes of Luke Cage. I get the feeling he is following Luke Cage better than he followed DDs2.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2018, 1:31 pm 
Beyonder

We watched Iron Man 3. He was pretty confused by some of this character stuff in the first half of the movie (couldn't get why Vanko was mad at Tony, had trouble understanding why tony was acting so bad), but loved the end fight. His Favorite thing from the movie was Black widow and Happy's reaction when he saw what she'd done. Sadly, he didn't understand the jokes around Hammer, so didn't get the genius of Sam Rockwell. He liked WarMachine.

Thor Burger King comics he could of taken or left. He said they were ok.

He LOOOVEEEDDD the short about Coulson in the quickiemart. He is a huge fan of Coulson, and gets excited every time he shows up. I haven't told him yet that Coulson gets his own TV show.

He found the first half of thor pretty boring, aside from the fight in Jotunheim (mostly cause he didn't really get what was happening, outside of odin being mad), but he liked the warriors three and really enjoyed the end fight, both with the destroyer and with loki. He was pretty stunned that they "killed" Loki (I didn't tell him Loki comes back....again and again). He also liked there was more agent Coulson in this movie (Like I said, he's a huge Coulson fan). He didn't really understand the loki reflection thing during the end credits.

He did say that, so far after watching all the movies....there's to much kissing.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2018, 11:12 pm 
Avenger

I love the way you don’t spoil things for him. That’s awesome!

I just started Season 4 of Agents of Shield with my son. I had him rank the Netflix shows from best to worst and they are:

Daredevil
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones

We haven’t gotten to Defenders or Punisher yet.

But he loves Agents of Shield the most. Especially since Ghost Rider was introduced. Every time there is a GR scene he lights up and starts yelling things like “MAN THAT WAS AWESOME!” He really loved both Ghost Rider movies so I knew he would love this season of AoS.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next